H2020 - MOEEBIUS Grant
Hypertech Energy Labs have been recently awarded with a new contract from the European Commission with the aim to develop a Holistic Energy Performance Optimization Framework that enhances current (passive and active building elements) modelling approaches and delivers innovative simulation tools which (i) deeply grasp and describe real-life building operation complexities in accurate simulation predictions that significantly reduce the “performance gap” and (ii) enhance the continuous optimization of building energy performance as a means to further mitigate and reduce the identified “performance gap” in real-time or through retrofitting.
Sept. 4, 2015, 11:44 a.m.
Fifteen partners from 10 European countries - Greece (Hypertech Energy Labs), Spain (Tecnalia, Solintel), Czech Republic (Honeywell), Ireland (Tyndall, Cork Institute of Technology), Netherlands (Almende), Germany (Fraunhofer IBP), Serbia (Belit, Beogradske Elektrane), United Kingdom (KiWi Power, Grindrop), Portuqal (ISQ, City of Mafra) and Poland (ASM) - will work together for 42 months in the €7.3M MOEEBIUS project.
The MOEEBIUS Framework comprises the configuration and integration of an innovative suite of end-user tools and applications enabling:
- Improved Building Energy Performance Assessment on the basis of enhanced Building Energy Performance Simulation models that allow for more accurate representation of the real-life complexities of the building,
- Precise allocation of detailed performance contributions of critical building components, for directly assessing actual performance against predicted values and easily identifying performance deviations and further optimization needs,
- Real-time building performance optimization (during the operation and maintenance phase) including advanced simulation-based control and real-time selfdiagnosis features,
- Optimized retrofitting decision making on the basis of improved and accurate LCA/ LCC-based performance predictions and
- Real-time peak-load management optimization at the district level.